Safeguarding is a term which relates to the action taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and this approach is strongly promoted at Broadmeadow. Safeguarding is defined in Working Together to Safeguard Children as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Keeping Children Safe at Broadmeadow
Safeguarding children’s wellbeing is an utmost priority at our school. For more information around the process we follow as required by law please refer to our Parent’s Child Protection Policy.
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
- Jackie Proffitt (Home School Liaison Officer) – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 07564044248
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
- Karen Warrington (Headteacher) – Email: email@example.com
- Lisa Walker (Deputy Headteacher) – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
West midlands police and domestic violence
Our school works in partnership with West Midlands Police, on a project by the name of Operation Encompass. This project involves the reporting to schools when a child or young person has been exposed or involved in any Domestic Violence incidents.
Please see attached our Operation Encompass safeguarding statement Below. Here at Broadmeadow Key Adults are; Jackie Proffitt, Lisa Walker and Karen Warrington.
Our duty is to support the children, and also be available to provide a listening ear or support to families too. Please contact Jackie for further information.
Safeguarding Links and Documents
View all our Safeguarding documents here