The aim of the service is to improve outcomes and to promote the inclusion of pupils with a range of support needs (cognition, language and communication, sensory and SEMH) attending mainstream schools within the city of Wolverhampton. The service enables mainstream practitioners to confidently meet these needs.
The support that is offered includes
- Observation of classroom practices with face to face feedback
- Shared action planning and strategy implementation
- Support for inclusion, access and transition
- Support with differentiation and planning
- Whole school training and SEND CPD
- Preparation of resources
- Modelling of good practice (including special school visits)
- Moving and handling guidance
- TAC and EHCP support
- Support for parents
- Disability awareness input.
- Access to pathways for SEMH and ASD.
- Support with implementing the advice given by other agencies
The Outreach team provide various programmes of training for schools as well as bespoke training for class teams. Below are some of the training packages that the Outreach service provide:
- Autism training
- Autism Awareness Level 1 (AA1)
- Autism Awareness Level 2 (AA2)
- Level 3 – Autism Practitioner Award (APA)
- Level 4 – Autism Leadership Award (ALA) (Accredited at Masters level with University of Wolverhampton)
- WELL – wellbeing and emotional literacy leaders
- Attachment and trauma
- Sensory processing
- Structured teaching
- In-Reach visits to Broadmeadow can also be arranged to observe/discuss specific methods of teaching
Outreach also sit on the Primary Inclusion Support and Alternative Provision Panel (ISAP) and provide reports for the ASD panel.
The service is accessed through a simple referral procedure for individual pupils and requests for specific training.
For further information and to access the referral form please visit the Wolverhampton Outreach website at Wolverhampton Outreach Service | City Of Wolverhampton Council
The Broadmeadow Outreach team consist of :
Alison Egerton email@example.com
Sarah Jacks firstname.lastname@example.org
Manda Taylor email@example.com